sunnuntai 2. heinäkuuta 2017

Vierashuone

Siinä se vihdoin on, Estherin asunnon laajennus. Siitä tuli hauska lisä tuohon taloon.
There it finally is, the extension on Esther's house. I love how quirky it is now.

Leiriviikolla sain tylsimmän osuuden eli munakennonpalojen kattoon liimaamisen tehtyä. Katto on nostettavissa, että huoneeseen pääsee käsiksi.
During the camp week I got the most boring part, gluing on all those egg carton bits, finished. The roof lifts up for easy access to the room.





Makuuhuoneeseen piti sahata oviaukko. Väliovea en siihen halua, Esther pitää enemmän verhoista. Oikean kangas on vielä hakusessa.
I had to cut a door way to the bedroom. I don.t want a door, Esther prefers curtains. I am still hunting for the right fabric.


Huoneeseen olisi tulossa sivustavedettävä sohva vierassängyksi. Lampun johdollekin pitää porata reikä.
I will be adding a Scandinavian style extending daybed/couch to the room. And I need to drill a hole for the lamp cord..

Esther on niin tyytyväinen, että osti itselleen ja Lunalle jäätelöt.
Esther was so happy, she treated Luna and herself to some ice cream.

Näyttää niin kotoisalta valot päällä.
Looks so cozy with the lights on.

Päähän hiipi ajatus: Ihanaa, talo on vihdoinkin valmis!
A thought crept into my head: the house is finally finished!
Niin ehdin luulla noin vuorokauden, kunnes... 
...eli jatkoa tulossa.
I lived under that illusion for about 24 hours... 
..stay tuned for more.

5 kommenttia:

  1. It looks great. It would be so fun to be in that little room, high up in the air and extending out past the house.

    VastaaPoista
  2. I LOVE IT!!!
    When I was very young my Great Grandmother's house had a bedroom extension similar to this one. Seeing your mini version brings back very happy memories of my Grandma,my cousins and long hot summers growing up in that house.:D

    elizabeth

    VastaaPoista